Project Manager-Carlsbad, NM
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Grand Junction Office
Environmental consulting firm is seeking a project manager with at least three years of experience to perform responsible, and often independent, technical and administrative tasks for projects in support of Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC), waste management and environmental compliance primarily for clients in the energy industry. This position is located in Carlsbad, NM and will work independently for up to 6 months with support from other offices.
- Develop sometimes complex technical reports and cost proposals, project budgets, and schedules.
- Provide technical expertise for SPCC, waste and environmental services for oil and gas operators.
- Interpret, consult and apply local, state, and federal regulations regarding principles and practices of SPCC, RCRA, and other federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Conduct site inspections, monitoring, and data management for regulatory and environmental compliance projects in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Prepare regulatory reports and correspondence.
- Conduct field sampling of soil, surface water, and groundwater.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Input, manage, and utilize inspection and other data (e.g. Geographic Information System (GIS) and communications using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Maintain project/client files and records.
- Conduct and represent HRL Compliance at meetings with clients and subcontractors.
- Market and cross-sell additional services to clients as needs are identified.
- Adhere to and support HRL policies and programs; state and federal laws.
- Promote a positive and considerate work environment where quality of work and client service is paramount.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations as they relate to the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to communicate well with others in fast paced and potentially demanding circumstances.
- A strong understanding of the principles and practices of SPCC and sampling procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong technical writing skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet client deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication with clients, staff and regulatory agencies.
- Sound documentation, recordkeeping, and problem solving skills.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Strong map reading skills.
- Ability to travel to remote sites in extreme weather utilizing a company vehicle.
- Position is primarily completed in an office setting but may require periods of extended walking, hiking, and standing in uneven, rocky terrain when conducting sample events.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Environmental Science or related science discipline with at least three years of consulting/project management experience.
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug screening as applicable.
- Ability to pass background screening as applicable.
Join Our Team
- Salary $55k-$65/year DOE plus bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, 401K, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Team Oriented Environment
- Variety of Projects and Opportunities
HRL Compliance Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.