FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Environmental Scientist-Project Manager
This position will perform responsible and oftentimes independent, technical and administrative tasks in support of federal, state, and local environmental regulations as they pertain to clients in the energy industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise for regulatory compliance services for clients primarily in the oil and gas industry.
- Interpret and apply state and federal regulatory statutes regarding principles and practices of stormwater management design, construction, general environmental safety, erosion and sedimentation control practices, Spill Prevention and Countermeasure Control (SPCC), and various other environmental regulations.
- Conduct and document regular site visits to QA/QC site compliance and inspection procedures.
- Complete weekly report to client documenting site inspections ensuring its quality and completeness prior to distribution.
- May coordinate with the construction contractor for erosion and sediment control implementation.
- Respond to site issues by coordinating with repair and maintenance crews.
- Conduct possible field sampling.
- Input, manage, and utilize inspection and other data and communications using database and Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Assist in various environmental compliance tasks and reporting.
- Maintain project/client files and records according to company practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to implement and interpret applicable state oil and gas regulations.
- A basic understanding of the principles and practices of erosion and sediment control design, construction, and practices.
- Basic plant identification skills; familiarity with federal Noxious Weed Act.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word with strong technical writing skills.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Very detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deliverables.
- Sound documentation, recordkeeping, and problem solving skills.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently in a team oriented environment.
- Strong map reading skills.
- Ability to travel to remote sites in extreme weather utilizing a company vehicle.
- Position can require long hours (45+ hours/week) and periods of extended walking, hiking, and standing in uneven, rocky terrain. Exposure to wind, rain, snow and other elements as well as long periods of travel.
Education and Experience:
- S. in Biology, Environmental Science or related discipline with at least one year of relevant experience required.
- Preference given to candidates who are Erosion and Sediment Control certified.
- Clean driving record;
- Ability to pass pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug screening as applicable;
- Ability to pass criminal background screen.
Join Our Team
- Base Salary $18-$20/hour
- Team Oriented Environment
- Temporary to Permanent Status
HRL Compliance Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace Act participant.
***Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the above tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.