FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Environmental Consultant-Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Regional Program Manager
Environmental consulting firm is seeking an exceptional project manager with at least three years of solid experience to perform responsible, and often independent, technical and administrative tasks for projects in support of spill response and remediation, waste management, and overall environmental compliance primarily for clients in the energy industry. This position is located in Carlsbad, NM and will support the surrounding area.
- Develop sometimes complex technical reports and cost proposals, project budgets, and schedules.
- Provide technical expertise and oversight for remediation, waste and environmental services for oil and gas operators.
- Interpret, consult and apply local, state, and federal regulations regarding principles and practices of SPCC, RCRA, and other federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Conduct site inspections, monitoring, and data management for regulatory and environmental compliance projects in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Prepare regulatory reports, correspondence, characterization assessments and remediation plans per NMOCD.
- Conduct field sampling of soil, surface water, and groundwater.
Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Interact with government agencies on behalf of clients and HRL.
- Input, manage, and utilize inspection and other data (e.g. Geographic Information System (GIS) and communications using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Maintain project/client files and records.
- Conduct and represent HRL Compliance at meetings with clients and subcontractors.
- Market and cross-sell additional services to clients as needs are identified.
- Adhere to and support company policies and procedures; state and federal laws.
- Promote a positive and considerate work environment where quality of work and client service is paramount.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations as they relate to the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to communicate well with others in fast paced and potentially demanding circumstances.
- A strong understanding of the principles and practices of waste and remediation procedures.
- Solid understanding of sampling protocols and techniques in accordance with EPA or state standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong technical writing skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet client deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal communication ability with clients, staff and regulatory agencies.
- Sound documentation, recordkeeping, and problem solving skills.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Strong map reading skills.
- Ability to travel to remote sites in extreme weather utilizing a company vehicle.
- Position is primarily completed in the field and will require periods of extended walking, hiking, and standing in uneven, rocky terrain.
- Exposure to extreme weather including heat, cold, wind, and rain.
- Some overnight travel may be required. All travel expenses are paid.
- Long periods of driving from office to various sites will be necessary.
Education and Experience:
- B.S in Environmental Science or related science discipline with at least 3 years of consulting/project management experience.
- 40 Hour Hazwoper, OSHA 10 Hour, First Aid and CPR training preferred.
- IR Camera certification helpful.
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license;
- Ability to pass pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug screening as applicable;
- Ability to pass background screening as applicable.
Join Our Team
- Salary negotiable plus incentive and sign-on bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, LTD/STD, Life Insurance, PTO
- Team oriented, family friendly culture
- Variety of Projects and Opportunities
HRL Compliance Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
***Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the above tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
HRL Compliance Solutions, Inc
Grand Junction, CO
Environmental Consulting Professionals